Discovery Playtown is now hiring for an assistant preschool teacher/daytime team member. Do you love working with children and helping them learn through play? Do you have experience working with children in a daycare, preschool, or service setting or are you interested in pursuing a career in early childhood education?
What's the job?
Assistant Preschool Teacher
- Must be available Monday-Friday between 8:45am-3:30pm
- Work closely with the lead teacher to implement lesson plans and engage children in age-appropriate activities
- Maintain a positive, caring, safe, and clean environment
- Complete basic housekeeping tasks within the classroom
- Assist the teacher in managing the class and providing a structured environment
- Communicate effectively with parents as needed to support the lead teacher
Daytime Team Member
We have three roles for team members:
- Front desk: Process payments and admit customers to the playspace; sell memberships, punch cards, and other products; answer phone calls and assist customers with birthday party and special event reservations; keep the lobby area clean and straightened; participate in rotating cleaning duties.
- Playground leader: Monitor activity in the playspace, ensuring that a safe and enjoyable environment is maintained for all; engage children and caregivers in imaginative play, helping them to understand and enjoy the play exhibits; remind children of the rules when needed, and intervene in incidences of fighting, quarreling or other disputes, ensuring parents or caregivers are present and are supervising their children's behavior as we require; participate in rotational cleaning and spot clean as needed.
- Party host: Make a child's birthday party the best one they've ever had! Duties include: Setting up party rooms as ordered by the customer, ensuring all supplies are available and ready, and coordinating with vendors for delivery of any food items ordered; act as the primary point of contact for the customer; lead the party start to finish ensuring everyone has a happy, memorable experience; constantly communicate the timing of events to ensure the party stays on schedule.
What are the qualifications?
First and foremost, we are seeking individuals who feel as passionately as we do about our business and what we will offer children and their families in our community. Preferred qualifications include:
- You have worked with children in a daycare, preschool, or elementary school role, as a teacher or assistant
- You have earned a degree in early childhood or elementary education in addition to or in lieu of the above experience
- You have had some customer service or sales experience
- You can bring enthusiasm, passion, energy, and ideas to our business
What are the requirements?
- You must consent to, and pass, a background check
- You must show current certification of first aid and CPR training, or complete classes within 30 days of employment
What's the schedule?
15-20 hours per week to start, with the possibility to add more hours if desired. Preschool assistant teacher is needed Monday-Friday 8:45am-3:30pm. Team member hours will be based on scheduling needs.
What does it pay?
Preschool assistant teacher hours will be paid an hourly wage. Team member hours will be two-tiered, consisting of an hourly wage and participation in a tip pool (birthday party tips are shared among all team members that work the day of each party).
More questions before you apply?
Sounds awesome and you're sold?