Are you the teacher to help us grow our preschool program?
We are seeking an energetic, positive, loving person to join director, and assistant teachers.
Our preschool program at Discovery Playtown is growing! We are looking for someone who shares our philosophy that preschool is a time when children learn best through play and hands-on experiences. We are making the transition to become a licensed child care center with a play-based preschool program in the mornings.
You will work with the owners to assist in the design and implementation of a developmentally appropriate curriculum and work collaboratively to maintain positive relationships with parents, children and co-workers. We also use the Handwriting without Tears curriculum in our preschool program.
Responsibilities will include: implementing lesson plans, engaging children in age-appropriate activities, providing a structured environment, and completing basic housekeeping tasks within the classroom.
We have part-time and full-time positions available starting June 2018. We will be running a summer camp this summer and would love to have you join us in teaching/leading the camp.
We are looking for a positive, loving individual who enjoys working with young children. Must have a sense of humor, be a good communicator, and be willing to grow in the field of early childhood education.
JOB REQUIREMENTS and DESIRES:
- 2 years of lead teaching experience
- Documentation of education AA degree in ECE or current CDA preferred; 30 hours of STARS training is required without education
- Pass a background check
- Current CPR, first aid, negative TB test
- Punctual in attendance
- Good communicator, able to take direction and able to express your own needs in a constructive manner
- Consistent, show initiative, be self-motivated, caring
- Teaching assistants or any other personnel stationed to work under the lead teacher will report directly to him or her.
- All staff will interact with the owners, director, fellow co-workers and families on a daily basis.
- Lead teacher will report to the director and owners
Depends on experience. Competitive pay.
· Free childcare for children between the ages of 13 months and 6 years old while you work.
· Sick pay accrued at 1 hour for every 40 hours worked.
· This position does not include medical benefits at this time.