Are you the teacher to help us grow our preschool this fall?
We are seeking an energetic, positive, loving person to join our current lead teacher, director, and assistant teachers as we expand our classes this fall. This is a unique opportunity to join our team in the second year of our rapidly-growing preschool program. We are looking for someone who shares our philosophy that preschool is a time when children learn best through play and hands-on experiences.
- Write and implement a developmentally-appropriate curriculum
- Teach classes as assigned
- Work collaboratively to maintain positive relationships with children, parents and co-workers
- Provide a structured environment
- Complete basic housekeeping tasks within the classroom
- Two years of lead teaching experience
- Documentation of education AA degree in ECE or current CDA preferred
- Pass a background check
- Current CPR, first aid and negative TB test
- Punctual in attendance
- Good communicator, able to take direction and able to express your own needs in a constructive manner
- Consistent, show initiative, self-motivated, caring
Part-time, up to 20 hours a week. The exact number of hours per week will depend on the division of daily class assignments, which will be determined in coordination with the other lead teacher and Director. Paid preparation time is included.
Teaching assistants or any other personnel stationed to work under a lead teacher will report directly to him or her. All staff will interact with the Director, owners, playground staff, fellow co-workers and families on a regular basis. Lead teachers report to the Director.
Competitive pay; depends on experience.
- Free unlimited play for your kids or younger siblings when not teaching (up to 10 years old)
- Employee discounts on birthday parties and events for your children (same as our member discount)
- One free buddy pass per month (treat a friend to one free daily admission for their child when you accompany them, Monday thru Friday)
- This position does not offer health benefits. Paid sick leave is scheduled to begin accruing in January, 2018