Weekend and Weekday Team Member
Discovery Playtown is seeking a weekend and/or weekday team member. Do you love working with children and helping them learn through play? Do you enjoy being a part of a child’s birthday and helping them to create positive memories?
What's the job?
We have four roles for team members:
- Front desk: Process payments and admit customers to the playspace; sell memberships, punch cards, and other products; keep the lobby area clean and straightened; answer phone calls; participate in rotating cleaning duties.
- Playground leader: Monitor activity in the playspace, ensuring that a safe and enjoyable environment is maintained for all; engage children and caregivers in imaginative play, helping them to understand and enjoy the play exhibits; remind children of the rules when needed; participate in rotational cleaning and spot clean as needed
- Party host: Make a child's birthday party the best one they've ever had! Duties include: Setting up party rooms as ordered by the customer, ensuring all supplies are available and ready, and coordinating with vendors for delivery of any food items ordered; act as the primary point of contact for the customer, helping them with planning, set-up, guest counts, etc.; lead the party start to finish ensuring everyone has a happy, memorable experience; constantly communicate the timing of events to ensure the party stays on schedule
- Assist with Drop-off Programs: Assist in one of our drop-off programs - Parent's Night Out, Playcare, or Summer Camps. Duties include assisting with crafts and learning activities, serving snacks, and supervising children in the playtown.
What are the qualifications?
First and foremost, we are seeking individuals who feel as passionately as we do about our business and what we will offer children and their families in our community. Preferred qualifications include:
- You have worked with children in a daycare, preschool, or elementary school role, as a teacher or assistant, or as a babysitter or nanny
- You have had some customer service or sales experience
- You can bring enthusiasm, passion, energy, and ideas to our business
What are the requirements?
- You must consent to, and pass, a background check
- You must show current certification of first aid and CPR training, or complete classes within 30 days of employment
What's the schedule?
10-15 hours per week. Your scheduled hours will depend on your availability, the number of employees we have, and the needs of the business. Hours will be based on scheduling needs between 9am-6pm Monday-Friday and 9am-8pm on Saturday and Sunday.
What does it pay?
Your compensation will be two-tiered, consisting of an hourly wage, starting at minimum wage, and tips for any birthday parties you host or assist.
More questions before you apply?
Sounds awesome and you're sold?