Discovery Playtown was designed by a teacher and her husband with a mission to create a gathering place for families to play and learn together.
Unlike the usual bouncy house or climbing gym-style playground, Discovery Playtown is focused around the concept of educational entertainment, or "edutainment". Featuring an authentic kid-size playtown, Discovery Playtown is where kids can come to learn through their play. By acting out real-life roles, they learn to understand the world they live in.
Do you have experience working with children in a daycare, preschool, or elementary school role, as a teacher, assistant, or intern, or are you studying for a career in early childhood education?
Are you interested in working in a fast-paced, happy atmosphere, where you will engage with children in their imaginative play? Can you resolve conflicts, problem solve, and handle parent and caregiver needs with compassion and care?
Do you love the idea of using your creativity, energy and ideas to help make a child's birthday party special and memorable?
Are you committed to safety and cleanliness, and are you willing and able to perform daily routine and deep cleaning?
Our minimum qualifications
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-energy environment
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds
- Demonstrated ability to provide responsive, compassionate customer service
- Consent to and pass a background check
- High school diploma or GED or currently enrolled in senior high school
- Strong written and oral skills
- Artistic, marketing, and social media skills are a plus
What is the schedule?
All non-management positions are part-time with a maximum of 35 hours per week, including weekends, school holidays, and certain other holidays.
What is the pay?
Compensation is two-tiered for most employees, consisting of an hourly wage plus participation in a tip pool. No healthcare benefits are offered at this time.
What's a tip pool?
All employees who work during birthday parties share in the tips from parties at which they host or assist the host. Tips are split evenly, usually 50/50. The value of the tip pool is unlimited, and 100% of all tips are distributed to the employees.
- Free unlimited play for your kids or younger siblings when not on shift! (Up to 10 years old)
- 50% off of birthday parties and events for your kids or younger siblings
- One free buddy pass per month (treat a friend to one free daily admission for their child when you accompany them, Monday thru Friday)