Discovery Playtown is seeking a front desk administrator for Friday mornings with the potential to add more days over time. Do you love working with children and families? Do you have experience managing operations and customer service in a fast-paced environment?
What’s the job?
We are looking for a friendly, organized person to join our team of teachers and director to work our front desk and manage our registration as well as help out teachers with cleaning and organizing.
- Position is part time, working Friday from 8:30am – 2pm.
- Hours could increase over time.
- Working closely with the director to manage registration and reservations
- Answering phones
- Greeting families and addressing questions or concerns
- Checking families in and out
- Organizing files and supplies
- Assisting teachers when they need an extra hand
Job Type: Part-time, Fridays 8:30am – 2pm.
What are the qualifications?
First and foremost, we are seeking someone who feels as passionately as we do about our business and what we will offer children and their families in our community. Preferred qualifications include:
- You have worked or volunteered in an environment with young children
- You are organized, motivated to succeed, and a self-starter
- You can bring enthusiasm, passion, and energy to our business
What are the requirements?
- You must consent to, and pass, a portable background check through MERIT, compliant with DCYF regulations for all employees of child care centers
- You must show current certification of first aid and CPR training, or complete classes within 30 days of employment
What's the schedule?
Regular weekday daytime shifts, generally 8:30am to 2:00pm Friday. There are also shifts available on Saturdays for hosting birthday parties if so desired.
What does it pay?
The position pays $12-14 per hour. Starting pay is negotiable based on experience and education level.
Are there benefits?
- Free childcare for 1 child and 50% off for additional children between the ages of 12 months and 6 years old while you work.
- Employee discounts on our services and products.
- Sick pay accrued at 1 hour for every 40 hours worked.
More questions before you apply?
Sounds awesome and you're sold?