Seeking Experienced Lead Teacher
We are seeking an energetic, positive, loving person to join the director and lead teachers as we transition to a licensed child care facility and add a school age program.
Do you have a passion for leadership? Are you interested in being a part of creating a new program? You will work with the owners as we transition into a licensed child care facility and add a school age program for after school care and full day camps during school breaks.
Responsibilities will include: planning and implementing lessons and activities for our school age program including summer camp, providing a structured environment, engaging children in age appropriate activities, assisting with managing the staff during closing, and parent communication.
Start date will be late April or early May.
We are looking for a positive, loving individual who enjoys working with young children and leadership roles. Must have a sense of humor, be a good communicator, and be willing to grow in the field of education.
JOB REQUIREMENTS and DESIRES:
- 2 years of lead teaching experience with children ages 6-9 years old
- 1 year of management experience preferred
- Documentation of education: current CDA or equivalent college credits in Early Childhood Education, or 30 hours Basic STARS Training
- Pass a background check through MERIT
- Current CPR, first aid, negative TB test, state approved HIV/Bloodborne pathogens training
- Punctual in attendance
- Good communicator
- Consistent, shows initiative, self-motivated, caring
Must be availble 3:30-6:30 pm Monday-Thursday, and 3:30-9:30 pm on Fridays. Expanded hours are available during the summer and school breaks up to full-time.
- Lead teacher will report to the owners, director, and program supervisor.
- Teaching assistants or any other personnel stationed to work under the school age lead teacher will report directly to him or her.
- All closing staff will report to the closing manager and director.
Depends on experience. Competitive pay. $16-19 per hour.
- 50% off childcare tuition for up to 2 children between the ages of 12 months and 6 years old. This must not interfere with management or supervisory responsibilities.
- Sick pay accrued at 1 hour for every 40 hours worked.