Discovery Playtown is a unique preschool and daycare, indoor playground, and birthday party venue.
We opened in January, 2016 as a public indoor playground and made the transition to licensed child care facility in April, 2019. We currently offer hourly drop-in care for preschool age children and will add monthly contract and drop-in care for toddlers, preschoolers and school age by the beginning of the summer. Our mission is to help children learn about themselves, others, and the world they live in through play. Our facility features a custom-designed Playtown with a realistic townscape that beckons and engages children in immersive imaginative play.
Are you passionate about early childhood education? Do you have experience working in a daycare, preschool, or elementary school role, as a teacher or assistant, or are you studying for a career in early childhood education?
Are you interested in working in a fast-paced, happy atmosphere, working with a team of dedicated educators to teach, guide, inspire, and enrich children in our care?
Can you diffuse and resolve conflicts, problem solve, redirect behaviors, and engage and connect with children?
Do you enjoy creative lesson planning, and coming up with special events and activities?
Are you committed to safety and cleanliness, and are you willing and able to perform daily routine and deep cleaning?
Are you dependable and punctual?
Our minimum qualifications
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-energy environment
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds
- Pass a background check through MERIT
- Show proof of a negative TB test in the past 12 months
- Complete a state approved HIV/Bloodborne pathogens training
- Current CPR/First Aid certificate required within 30 days of employment
- Child care positions require 30 hours of STARS training or equivalent ECE coursework completed
- Weekend team member positions require a high school diploma or GED or currently enrolled in senior high school
- Strong written and oral communication skills
What is the schedule?
See each job posting for schedule information
What is the pay?
We offer competitive pay. Child care position salaries are based on your experience. Weekend positions consist of an hourly wage plus participation in a tip pool.
- Child care employees recieve 50 percent off of child care tuition
- Sick pay accrues at one hour per every 40 worked