Discovery Playtown is a licensed commercial child care facility serving ages 1 to 9 with a capacity of 63 children in five classrooms (two toddler, one preschool, one pre-Kindergarten, and one school-age). Our open concept center features a unique layout complete with a kid-size, realistic two-story playhouse, treehouse, diner, animal hospital, grocery store, beauty salon, and fire truck. Our focus is on engaged play experiences and social-emotional learning with a trauma-informed lens. We have a high focus on staff training in promoting first relationships and collaborative care via open communications with our families. We strive to build a relational bridge between home and school with attachment, safety, and security for our students and peace of mind for our families.
- Are you passionate about early childhood education? Do you have experience working in a daycare, preschool, or elementary school role, as a teacher or assistant, or are you studying for a career in early childhood education?
- Are you interested in working in a fast-paced, happy atmosphere, working with a team of dedicated educators to teach, guide, inspire, and enrich children in our care?
- Can you diffuse and resolve conflicts, problem solve, redirect behaviors, and engage and connect with children?
- Do you enjoy creative lesson planning, and coming up with special events and activities?
- Are you committed to safety and cleanliness, and are you willing and able to perform daily routine and deep cleaning?
- Are you dependable and punctual?
- Ability to engage children with a focus on individualized lesson plans to meet each child’s developmental stages
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds
- Strong written and oral communication skills
The following are required at time of employment:
- An account in MERIT with a STARS ID number
- A cleared portable background check
- CPR card, first aid card, BBP card, negative TB test, proof of MMR vaccine
- 12 basic Washington STARS credits (minimum)
- 30 basic Washington STARS credits, CDA or ECE certificate, or AA in ECE (preferred)
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive pay based on education and experience
- Monthly staff training meetings
- Reflective team-building meetings
- Paid planning time
- Discounted child care
- Paid holidays and sick time