Lead Teacher - Afternoons
Discovery Playtown is seeking a lead teacher to work late morning until closing. In addition, there is opportunity to assist with our school-age program, including seasonal camps. We became licensed in 2019 and have grown rapidly as a mid-sized center. The facility features an open layout which was built for play. Weekly paid planning time is provided, along with curriculum owned by the center.
Responsibilities include: Writing and teaching lesson plans, engaging children in age-appropriate activities, providing a structured environment, and completing basic housekeeping tasks within the classroom.
- 2 years of lead teaching or assistant teaching experience
- AA degree in ECE or current CDA preferred
- 30 hours of STARS training is required in lieu of the above education
- Pass a background check, current CPR, first aid, negative TB test and MMR vaccine
- Punctual in attendance
- Good communicator, able to take direction and able to express your own needs in a constructive manner
- Self-motivated, good multitasker, and able to thrive in a growing center where every day brings new challenges, issues, and rewards
$15-17/hour to start depending upon experience, with opportunity for annual merit raises.
- 50% off child care tuition for your own children (12 months to 9 years old, subject to capacity)
- Sick pay
- Paid training days
- Medical and dental insurance is available