Do you have a passion for leadership? Are you interested in helping to create a child care early learning program? Since becoming licensed in 2019 we have grown rapidly and are now searching for a program supervisor to help lead our mission of guiding social and emotional learning with a trauma-informed lens.
The facility was originally built as a children's play center, and features an open layout. Our Pre-K rooms feature a townscape of storefronts, a 2-story playhouse, and a treehouse made from a real tree. We also have two traditional toddler rooms, and a school-age area equipped for distance learning support.
You will work with the director and teachers in the design and implementation of a developmentally-appropriate curriculum and work collaboratively to maintain positive relationships with parents, children and co-workers. We utilize Ages and Stages Questionnaires (ASQ), Second Step, and Handwriting Without Tears. The center operates using Procare, and maintains family communication with KidReports.
Responsibilities include: Assisting with hiring, training and supervising teachers, developing curriculum, planning and executing long term goals of the center, parent communication, maintaining staff and student records, managing the care of the facility and other duties as assigned by the director.
- 2 or more years of lead teaching experience with toddlers, preschoolers, and/or school-age children
- AA degree in ECE or current CDA, preferred
- 30 hours of STARS training is required in lieu of the above education
- Have passed a portable background check through DCYF/Merit
- Show proof of a negative TB skin test in the past 12 months and proof of immunization for MMR or immunity to measles
- Current CPR and first aid cards
- Punctual in attendance
- Good communicator, able to take direction and able to express your own needs in a constructive manner and troubleshoot issues
- Self-motivated, good multitasker, and able to thrive in a growing center where every day brings new challenges, issues, and rewards
Depends on experience, with opportunity for annual merit raises
- 50% off child care tuition for your own children (12 months to 9 years old)
- Washington state sick pay
- Paid training days
- Paid holidays