$500 SIGN-ON BONUS
Are you an experienced early childhood educator ready to make the move into center management, but your current employer has no open opportunities? Would you like to work in a smaller child care center with a family feel, and more collaboration and connection with staff? Discovery Playtown is expanding our management team with the promotion of our current program supervisor to assistant director, which creates this opening.
Do you have a passion for leadership? Are you passionate about guiding social and emotional learning with a trauma-informed lens? You will work with the Director and Assistant Director developing curriculum, and with training, mentoring, role modeling and supervision of teachers and assistants.
WHY JOIN US?
At Discovery Playtown, you will find:
- A working environment in which team members respect one another
- A leadership team which supports the professional and personal growth of the staff
- Clear expectations, necessary resources, and support to meet children’s needs
- Training and opportunities for continual learning and development
- Self-reflection and self-care support to be set up for success in your work and life personal goals
- A smaller, non-corporate center where your voice is heard and your input is valued
- Meet all current licensing requirements for the position, including proof of COVID-19 vaccination
- At least two years of lead teaching experience in a licensed child care program required
- AA degree in ECE or current CDA preferred
- Punctual in attendance
- Able to lift up to 40 pounds to at least waist-high
- Good communicator, able to take direction and able to express your own needs in a constructive manner and troubleshoot issues
- Self-motivated, good multitasker, and able to thrive in a growing center where every day brings new challenges, issues, and rewards
$19.00 - $22.50 per hour & $500 sign-on bonus
- Paid holidays, paid training days, and paid time off
- Health insurance available
- Employee childcare discount
Location: Maple Valley, WA
Discovery Playtown is an equal opportunity employer.