School-Age Lead Teacher
Discovery Playtown is seeking a school-age lead teacher for our before- and after-school program and seasonal camps. We became licensed in 2019 and have grown rapidly as a mid-sized center. The facility features an open layout which was built for play. Our school-age area is licensed for up to 15 children, located at the front of the building with lots of natural light.
The school-age teacher works a split shift in morning and afternoon, along with full-time hours during school breaks when we operate our school-age camp program. This is an ideal position for a creative person who loves to dream up lesson plans and themed projects for children in Kindergarten through third grade. In addition, there is regular opportunity for more hours assisting in our Pre-K classrooms in the middle of the day. Weekly paid planning time is provided, along with curriculum owned by the center.
Responsibilities include: Writing and teaching lesson plans, engaging children in age-appropriate activities, providing a structured environment, and completing basic housekeeping tasks within the classroom.
- 2 years of lead teaching or assistant teaching experience
- AA degree in ECE or current CDA preferred
- 30 hours of STARS training is required in lieu of the above education
- Pass a background check, current CPR, first aid, negative TB test and MMR vaccine
- Punctual in attendance
- Good communicator, able to take direction and able to express your own needs in a constructive manner
- Self-motivated, good multitasker, and able to thrive in a growing center where every day brings new challenges, issues, and rewards
$15-16/hour to start, with opportunity for annual merit raises
- 50% off child care tuition for your own children (12 months to 9 years old, subject to capacity)
- Sick pay
- Paid training days
- Medical and dental insurance is available