Discovery Playtown is seeking experienced lead teachers. We became licensed in 2019 and have grown rapidly as a mid-sized center. The facility features an open layout which was built for play. Our Pre-K rooms feature a townscape of storefronts, a 2-story playhouse, and a treehouse made from a real tree. Teachers can use these elements to create unique learning centers and stage creative lessons. We also have two traditional toddler rooms, as well as a school-age area.
The ideal candidate shares our philosophy that young children learn best through play and hands-on experiences. Weekly paid planning time is provided, along with materials from two sets of curriculum programs owned by the center.
Responsibilities include: Writing and teaching lesson plans, engaging children in age-appropriate activities, providing a structured environment, and completing basic housekeeping tasks within the classroom.
- 2 years of lead teaching experience
- AA degree in ECE or current CDA preferred
- 30 hours of STARS training is required in lieu of the above education
- Pass a background check, current CPR, first aid, negative TB test and MMR vaccine
- Punctual in attendance
- Good communicator, able to take direction and able to express your own needs in a constructive manner
- Self-motivated, good multitasker, and able to thrive in a growing center where every day brings new challenges, issues, and rewards
$15-16/hour to start, with opportunity for annual merit raises
- 50% off child care tuition for your own children (12 months to 9 years old, subject to capacity)
- Sick pay
- Paid training days
- Medical and dental insurance is available