Looking for a smaller center with a family feel?
Discovery Playtown is a mid-size center with an open layout which was built for play. We originally opened as an indoor playground, so our classrooms are not like typical commercial child care centers. Our Pre-K rooms feature a townscape of storefronts, a 2-story playhouse, and a treehouse made from a real tree. Teachers can use these elements to create unique learning centers and stage creative lessons. And kids engage in social learning while interacting during free play. We also have two traditional toddler rooms, as well as a school-age area.
Our ideal candidates share our philosophy that young children learn best through play and hands-on experiences. Teachers work with the management to assist in the design and implementation of a developmentally appropriate curriculum and work collaboratively to maintain positive relationships with parents, children and co-workers.
Responsibilities include: Implementing lesson plans, engaging children in age-appropriate activities, providing a structured environment, and completing basic housekeeping tasks within the classroom.
- 2 years of lead teaching experience
- AA degree in ECE or current CDA preferred
- 30 hours of STARS training is required in lieu of the above education
- Pass a background check
- Current CPR, first aid, negative TB test and MMR vaccine
- Punctual in attendance
- Good communicator, able to take direction and able to express your own needs in a constructive manner
- Self-motivated, good multitasker, and able to thrive in a drop-in environment where every day brings new challenges, issues, and rewards
We are a small, family-owned facility. As such, all lead teachers report to the director, assistant director and owners. Assistant teachers working under the lead teacher, report directly to them.
Depends on experience
- 50 percent off of child care for your own child (12 months to 9 years old, subject to capacity)
- Sick pay accrues at the rate of one hour for every 40 hours worked
- Health benefits will be available in 2020