Help us build Maple Valley's first drop-in preschool and day care
We are seeking energetic, positive, and loving individuals to join our team as lead teachers for both toddler and pre-Kindergarten classrooms. Ideal candidates share our philosophy that preschool is a time when children learn best through play and hands-on experiences. Teachers work with the owners to assist in the design and implementation of a developmentally appropriate curriculum and work collaboratively to maintain positive relationships with parents, children and co-workers. We also use the Handwriting Without Tears curriculum.
Responsibilities include: Implementing lesson plans, engaging children in age-appropriate activities, providing a structured environment, and completing basic housekeeping tasks within the classroom.
- 2 years of lead teaching experience
- AA degree in ECE or current CDA preferred
- 30 hours of STARS training is required in lieu of the above education
- Pass a background check
- Current CPR, first aid, negative TB test and MMR vaccine
- Punctual in attendance
- Good communicator, able to take direction and able to express your own needs in a constructive manner
- Self-motivated, good multitasker, and able to thrive in a drop-in environment where every day brings new challenges, issues, and rewards
We are a small, family-owned facility. As such, all staff report to the director and owners. As we grow, other reporting relationships will be established as appropriate.
Depends on experience $16-18 per hour.
FREE & DISCOUNTED CHILD CARE
- 50 percent off of child care tuition*
- Children must be between the ages of 12 months and 9 years old at this time.
- Sick pay accrues at the rate of one hour for every 40 hours worked
- This position does not offer medical benefits at this time