Would you like to work in a smaller child care center with more collaboration and connection with staff? We are proud of our family atmosphere at Discovery Playtown. Since becoming licensed in 2019 we have grown rapidly and are in need of additional lead teachers who want to join in our mission of guiding social and emotional learning with a trauma-informed lens.
The facility was originally built as a children's play center, and features an open layout. Our Pre-K rooms feature a townscape of storefronts, a 2-story playhouse, and a treehouse made from a real tree. We also have two traditional toddler rooms, and a school-age area equipped for distance learning support. You will work with the director and program supervisor to assist in the design and implementation of a developmentally-appropriate curriculum and work collaboratively to maintain positive relationships with parents, children and co-workers. We utilize Ages and Stages Questionnaires (ASQ), Second Step, and Handwriting Without Tears. The center operates using Procare, and maintains family communication with KidReports.
Weekly paid planning time is provided, along with coaching and assistance to meet and maintain continuing education and other licensing requirements.
Responsibilities include: Writing and teaching lesson plans, engaging children in age-appropriate activities, providing a structured environment, and completing basic housekeeping tasks within the classroom.
- 2 or more years of lead teaching experience with toddlers, preschoolers, and/or school-age children
- AA degree in ECE or current CDA, preferred
- 30 hours of STARS training is required in lieu of the above education
- Have passed a portable background check through DCYF/Merit
- Show proof of a negative TB skin test in the past 12 months and proof of immunization for MMR or immunity to measles
- Current CPR and first aid cards
- Punctual in attendance
- Good communicator, able to take direction and able to express your own needs in a constructive manner and troubleshoot issues
- Self-motivated, good multitasker, and able to thrive in a growing center where every day brings new challenges, issues, and rewards
Depends on experience, with opportunity for annual merit raises
- 50% off child care tuition for your own children (12 months to 9 years old)
- Washington state sick pay
- Paid training days
- Paid holidays after six months